What you learn
Vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- Night diving
- Underwater Navigation
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to better use your dive computer
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
- Your training allows you to dive to a depth of 18-30 meters
- Be 12 years old for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver
- Be 15 years old or older for Advanced Open Water Diver
- For this level, you must already have a PADI OWD certificate or qualifying certification from another training organization
The learning materials you need
PADI e-Learning or PADI’s Adventures in Diving Manual (book) or DVD video in the diving shop only.
The scuba gear you use
In the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course, you use basic Diving Equipment: mask, fins, scuba regulator, BCD, wetsuit, scuba tank, weight system, and your underwater compass.
Content and prices
The price of 340EUR. AOWD content 5 practical specialty dives in 3(2) days.
- Deep dive 30*. For 40m: ask your Instructor
- Underwater Navigation dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy dive
- Multilevel and computer dive
- Search and recovery. For Night diving and Nitrox: ask your Instructor
- For every specialty dive you complete, you can earn credit toward PADI® specialty certifications.
- 5 short theoretical lessons or e-Learning.
- Scuba Gear according to the standards
- 1 to 4 persons small groups,
- In the Atlantis Diving Center facility: water and coffee/tea – self-service but free of charge! (*) The maximum depths are depending on the lowest teammate momentary abilities.
The students are obliged to buy extra PADI e-Learning -98EUR includes certification fee or manual (book)+certification fee, ONLY if they exist in their mother language!
If the e-Learning or book manual those not exist in the student language, he is are not obligated to buy it. In that case, students can use the book manuals or DVD with other languages from our Library – free of charge! After successfully completing this course, those students have to pay an extra PADI certification fee of 58 EUR
The cost of the Training materials and certification has to be added extra to the course prices.
For all recreational course prices, please check at COURS PRISES
Course duration and sample schedule
The duration of your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course is 2 or 3 days depending on the choice of the student specialty dives. – should be arranged prior to or on the first day but not later.
First day: meeting 09:00 in the diving shop for coffee and paperwork, equipment preparation, theory, first dive. Surface interval about 1-1,5 hour – free time, then second dive session.
The exact program for the next few days will be tailored with your instructor during the first day!
Written Кnowledge review, can be done at any time prior to the specific dive session, or before the course starts, like for example e-Learning.
Your next adventure
After the successful completion of the AOWD, you can sign up STRAIGHT for your next adventures:
Go deeper, longer, and further: Sidemount, Specialty Courses, Discover Tec Diving, Tec 40
Or Be a Safer Diver Go and take your Rescue Diver, Emergency First Response, Emergency Oxygen Provider.
Source: PADI Advanced Open Water Diver